AP-HP Study: Four hospitals of the AP-HP group are currently conducting a study to validate the new feature of skin dose mapping. The RDM solution will hence be compared with experimental measurements using Gafchromic® films − first performed on anthropomorphic phantom, and then on patients in routine clinical conditions (click here to read the press release).
First results: On average, there is less than 10% difference between RDM’s solution and the measurements using Gafchromic® films.
These results will be presented by Lama Hadid-Beurrier, medical physicist at Lariboisière Hospital during ECR 2018. She will give her presentation on Thursday, 28 February.
During the JFR, Medsquare will introduce RDM’s new features:
– Dashboard analytics: New RDM tool for enabling fast, interactive and customizable statistical analysis of patient dose data and facility department data.
– Calculation of the effective dose on all modalities: In addition, RDM calculates the effective dose in conventional radiology, mammography and interventional as recommended by the ICRP.
– Patient at the isocenter in scanner: New module to assess the patient’s centering during the examination which strengthens therefore professional practices.
The public tender initiated by AGEPS (AP-HP’s central purchasing agency) has been awarded to Medsquare in November 2014.
A consortium of 39 university hospitals, AP-HP is the largest University Medical Center in Europe. Medsquare won the tender in competition with 9 major international players that have established a foothold in the DACS market.
“Radiation Dose Monitor Touch” is a DACS software solution for collecting, controlling, analyzing and optimizing radiation doses delivered to patients during medical imaging examinations.:
Designed for small organizations, RDM Touch is an all-in-one touch screen solution. RDM Touch was officially launched during the European Congress of Radiology in Vienna (ECR 2015).
Download the PDF
RDM (Radiation Dose Monitor) is a DACS (Dose Archiving and Communication System) software solution that collects, controls and analyzes radiation doses delivered to patients during medical imaging examinations.
Compatible with all brands of medical imaging equipment, RDM is designed for all medical professionals responsible for the dose cycle: radiologists, technicians, heads of department, medical physicists etc.
RDM interfaces with both hospital and radiology information systems and fits seamlessly into the imaging network. And thanks to its Web-based architecture, multiple control screens can be used without multiplying the costs.
At the very core of your department, RDM is an essential tool for optimizing radiation dose and improving clinical practices.
TOWARDS OPTIMIZING PATIENT DOSE EXPOSURE
RDM displays all information relating to patients, examinations and acquisitions in real-time and provides instant access to your patient's dose history. The solution contains:
• An advanced alert system, based on national and local Diagnostic Reference Levels.
• A dedicated screen for tracking alerts and finding their causes.
• Functionality to specifically manage high-risk patients (pregnant women, radiation dermatitis, etc.).
RDM provides advanced statistical analysis of dose data:
• Tracks the course of doses delivered to patients over time.
• Displays the distribution of dose values according to the type of examination to identify examinations deviating from the reference values.
• Identifies all procedures and protocols that reveal anomalies and could be improved.
• Assesses the level of compliance of your practices.
RDM helps you optimize radiation dose and improve clinical practices:
• Identify and optimize your high-dose procedures, finding the right balance between image quality and dose.
• Real-time alert system, according to your Diagnostic Reference Levels, enables you to identify and correct protocols exceeding your DRL.
• Improve practices and avoid unnecessary dose from Day 1.
RDM and the directive 2013/59/Euratom
Product Specialist RDM
Radiation Dose Monitor (RDM)
Bouchra Geryes, Medical Physicist
Hôpital Necker-Enfants Malades
Technical Director & Medical Physicist
Strategic Accounts Manager
RDM at Centre d’Imagerie Médicale Sainte-Marie
Dr Jean-Marc Treutenarere, Radiologist
Scanner Axium et scanner de l’Etang de berre
RDM (Radiation Dose Monitor) is a software solution for collecting, controlling and analyzing radiation doses delivered to patients during medical imaging examinations. It helps improve clinical practices and optimize doses.
Medical Devices Directive 93/42/EEC: Class I.
Powered by: MPTronic
To ensure proper use of your medical device, please read the instruction manual carefully before use, and then follow its instructions.