July 15 - 19, 2020
Medsquare will be participating in the European Congress of Radiology (ECR) – which will be held exceptionally this year in a digital format from July 15 – 19. As a reminder, the #ECR2020 has been cancelled due to the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
This year, the ECR’s online program – ‘Children in Focus’ – will explore a range of healthcare and social issues affecting children and young people. Children in Focus is organized by the European Society of Radiology (ESR) in partnership with the European Society of Paediatric Radiology (ESPR). In the scientific publication ‘Patient radiation doses and reference levels in pediatric interventional radiology’ healthcare professionals have used the Radiation Dose Monitor (RDM) solution to set up diagnostic reference levels in three pediatric interventional radiology procedures. Reinforcing again the radiation protection of children and young patients, who are more sensitive to ionizing radiation.
1. Dashboard Analytics
New Dashboard Analytics tool accompanies the RDM solution, which enables interactive, fast and customizable statistical analysis per facility:
– Patient dose data (visualization of possible radiation protection problems coming from a modality, drifts in procedures, etc.).
– Data related to the facility’s service (number of patients, distribution of requests, waiting time between each patient, etc.).
2. Ergonomic enhancements and simplifications for the user
Improvements were made at the interface level:
• Justification: possibility to select multiple comments to justify an overexposure
• Reassignment: ability to add or to reassign the physician for a study
• Exportation of anonymized studies directly from the interface facilitating the exchange of patient dose data between sites and institutions
• One-click access from RDM to the Dashboard Analytics tool
3. Recovery of additional DICOM fields
For better Patient Dose Management, new fields are now retrieved (check new features datasheet).